Sunday 11 December 2011

Short Stories for Children

I need to write a 2,000 word short story for my children's module.
The age-band I've decided to do is teen/young adult. The thing is, it's not easy writing a short story for a teen or young adult :/
When it comes to writing a short story for a child between the ages of 4 and 10, it's not so much of a big deal.
I would've chosen that age-band because it is easier I suppose, but I wanted to challenge myself, so I didn't.

The genre is going to be historical, because so far, we've looked at animal, adventure, fantasy and historical children's books.

I can't do animal genre because I don't like animals, and I'm not an animal person.
I can't do adventure because the idea that I had for the adventure genre is too long and impossible to cut down to a 2,000 word short story.
And finally, I can't do fantasy because I simply do not like fantasy.

So historical it is!

I have the idea, and I'm going to set it in 'The Swinging Sixties'. I know what you're thinking, but the 60s is historical as far as I'm concerned - haha!

Anyhoo... Back to the writing I go :-)

Signing off until next time...



kingdomCitizen x

No comments:

Post a Comment