Thursday 15 December 2011

Historical Fiction (Childrens Writing)

Today's seminar was a continuation of our discussion about Historical Fiction.

Here's the writing exercise we did. It's meant to be someone coming from a past historical period to the 21st Century:

She came out of nowhere. If I believed in magic, I would've said that she was some sort of witch using magical powers - but I don't believe in magic. She did however look rather familiar... It wasn't until she spoke that I knew who she was. Standing before me was none other than Queen Elizabeth I.

"Bow before your Queen!" she demanded

"Sorry lady, but I don't have to bow before anybody," was my reply

At that I took out my phone and snapped a picture. After all, I had to have proof that would make my friends believe me when I told them later.

"What is that strange object?" she asked

"What, this?" I asked holding up my phone

"Yes."

"This, is a mobile phone," I replied

Her Majesty looked rather baffled and tried to take it from me. I pulled my arm out of reach and she stumbled.

"Woah there! Nobody touches my phone - nobody. Do you have any idea how much this baby costs?!" I said

"I thought you said it was a mobile phone..." the Queen replied confused

"It is a mobile phone, but it's my baby," I replied gently stroking it

"You mean to tell me you have birth to that ghastly thing?!" she said with a hand on her heart

I stared blankly at her for a moment before bursting into laughter

"Lady, you're crazy."

"Do not laugh at your Queen! I shall have you executed!"

This just made me laugh all the more


So... What do you think?? Leave comments please or @ me on twitter: @_Imma90sBaby

Signing off until next time....


kingdomCitizen x

No comments:

Post a Comment