Thursday 8 December 2011

The School Story

Oh how I wish all of you reading this could've been a fly on the wall in my fiction seminar today!!

Throughout the whole term, todays class by far has been the BEST!! Working with my fellow writers MJ, Simone, and Liam was a true experience, and one that I enjoyed thoroughly!

The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie was the topic of discussion today. Although (I'm ashamed to say) I didn't read the book like I was supposed to (lack of resources), it was explained in great detail by the group who were assigned to do the presentation.

After going through the themes of the book:
Fantasy
Betrayal
Friendship
School
We divided ourselves into small groups and tried to come up with a similar story using two or more of the above themes.

I initially thought no-one was going to beat my groups idea because it was both HILARIOUS and had some form (even if slightly incomprehensible) of truth to it. However, ours was beaten by a beautiful 'Secret Garden'/'The Little Princess' idea by another group, which I have to say would make a FABULOUS children's story!

Doing this writing exercise today has urged me to read The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie all the more!

Signing off until next time...



kingdomCitizen x

No comments:

Post a Comment