Wednesday 7 December 2011

Fantasy... Believable or Unbelievable??

This week, we had to read a fantasy book for the fantasy part of this module (Genre). The title was 'Anansi Boys' by Neil Gaiman.

Let me just start off with WTF?? Granted, I'm not used to reading fantasy books but still, WTF??!

I won't go into details about what the book is about because that's what Wikipedia is for. All I will say is that if you have a similar personality to me - you won't enjoy it either.

I did however feel sorry for the protagonist Charlie, especially since he had a prick of a brother.

I guess my reason for not liking fantasy, especially this one is because I don't find it believable. I know, your probably thinking "But it's fantasy, it's not meant to be believable". Well to that I say that's your opinion. Anytime I read a book, I normally am able to visualise everything as its happening. With this book, it didn't happen. Therefore I resolved myself to immediately not liking it! :-)

Signing off until next time...

kingdomCitizen x

No comments:

Post a Comment