Tuesday 16 April 2013

Bye Bye Education (For Now...)

Well it's official...
I'M GRADUATING THIS YEAR!!!! Thank you JESUS!
I had my very last undergrad lecture 2 weeks ago and I must admit it was a bittersweet feeling.
Strangely, I know I'm gonna miss going to uni for lectures and seminars. But the things I definitely won't miss are the essays and most definitely the annotated bibliographies (I HATE those things btw).

After I had that last lecture, the common saying "Shit just got real" popped into my head and I started to panic.
I have just 4 weeks to complete all of my assignments. They include:

  1. Dissertation; 7,000 words creative piece with 3,000 word essay and annotated bibliography
  2. 2,000 word specimen chapter with synopsis, critical commentary and annotated bibliography for my non-fiction module
  3. Work placement report on the success/failure of the annual Middlesex University's North London Literary Festival
All of this has to be submitted on May 3rd.

I hate being a last minute .com sort of person when it comes to my work, however it's not easy to write when you have a severe case of writer''s block AND you can't seem to work out where you need go next - especially when you're writing what I am.

I know that I should not fear because I have God on my side but that doesn't give me the right to waste time and do what isn't important.

If there is one thing I do know, it is that by the special grace of the Almighty God, I will be walking across that stage with my head held high.

Signing off until next time...


kingdomCitizen
x

No comments:

Post a Comment